The developers of Anaconda, a leading Python distribution, have recently announced PyScript, a Python that runs in the browser.
PyScript aims to provide a “first-class” programming language with consistent stylization rules, more expressiveness, and easier learning.
PyScript example code
PyScript core features
- Python in the browser: drop-in content enabled, external file hosting (based on the Pyodide project), and application hosting that does not rely on server-side configuration
- Python ecology: Provides popular Python and scientific computing packages (e.g. numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Environment Management: Developers can define which packages and files to bring in for running page code
- Visual Application Development: Developers can use off-the-shelf UI components such as buttons, containers, text boxes, etc.
- Flexible Framework: Developers can use it to create and share new pluggable and extensible components directly in Python
- Provide a clean and simple API
- Support standard HTML
- Extend HTML to read stable and reliable custom components
- Provide a pluggable and extensible component system
For more information on how PyScript works see: https://engineering.anaconda.com/2022/04/welcome-pyscript.html
PyScript is currently in alpha testing, download and install at: https://pyscript.net/